Whether you are a high school senior thinking about your post-graduation plans, or you are an adult learner returning to school after time in the military or another career, CSin3's accelerated time-frame and supportive learning community could be just right for you.
Priority Deadline is January 9, 2017
Applications submitted after January 9 will be reviewed until the cohort is full.
Please review the Eligibility Requirements and Instructions for Submitting Your Application below.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in high school***
- Agree to follow the prescribed course pathway and to participate in program activities
- Be ready for Hartnell's MAT 3A (Calculus 1) and ENG 1A (Freshman English) by Fall 2016
- There are several ways to be ready, including having sufficiently high test scores (Hartnell placement assessment scores, SAT scores, or AP scores) or passing the proper prerequisite courses by Fall 2016 (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, and English 101). We can talk to you individually about your best path to CSIT-In-3.
*** Students with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered if they submit a one-page written
statement explaining the reason for the lower GPA and their plan for
maintaining a GPA higher than 3.0 in the CSin3 program. Strong preference will be given to graduating seniors and college students with less than 30 completed units.
Instructions for Submitting Your Application
The CSin3 application process consists of 3 parts:
- Apply for admission to Hartnell College by completing steps 1-3 of the “7 Steps to Success” on the Hartnell enrollment website. These steps include:
- Submitting an application for admission
- Taking a one hour online orientation
- Registering for and taking the STAAR assessment. Preparing for this assessment can improve your score and also ease your path to CSin3. Please review our advice for taking the assessment. This step may be completed after submitting the CSin3 Application
- Complete the CSin3 Application The
application materials consist of
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) in PDF form (High School transcripts required for all applicants. Current college students should also submit college transcripts).
- Email of someone to write one letter of recommendation (we will email them directly)
- Personal statement
Instructions: In 1000 words or less, please answer one of the following essay prompts:
Group Interview for admission with CSin3 staff. Students who meet eligibility requirements and have successfully completed steps 1 and 2 will be invited to interview for admissions.
- Prompt 1: What is your interest in computer science and why do you feel you will succeed in the CSin3 program?
- Prompt 2: Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that has made a profound impact in your life. How has that helped shape you into the person are today?