Whether you are a high school senior thinking about your post-graduation plans, or you are an adult learner returning to school after time in the military or another career, CSin3's accelerated time-frame and supportive learning community could be just right for you.
The application window for the fall 2016 cohort is currently CLOSED.
Please review the Eligibility Requirements and tips for Preparing Your Application below.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in high school*
- Agree to follow the prescribed course pathway and to participate in program activities
- Be ready for Hartnell's MAT 3A (Calculus 1) and ENG 1A (Freshman English) by Fall 2016
- There are several ways to be ready, including having sufficiently high test scores (Hartnell placement assessment scores, SAT scores, or AP scores) or passing the proper prerequisite courses by Fall 2016 (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, and English 101). We can talk to you individually about your best path to CSIT-In-3.
* Students with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered if they submit a one-page written
statement explaining the reason for the lower GPA and their plan for
maintaining a GPA higher than 3.0 in the CSin3 program.
Preparing Your Application
There are several things you can do to prepare for the application process.
- Fill out the form here to let us know about your interest.
- Visit the Program Information page to learn about the support services and scholarship opportunities offered in CSin3.
- Attend an Information Night to learn more and meet program faculty/staff.
- Apply for admission to Hartnell College, which includes:
Begin your personal statement prompts available in the application.Consider persons familiar with your academic work who would be willing to write a letter of recommendation.
- Submitting an application for admission
- Applying for financial aid
- Submitting official transcripts
- Registering for the STAAR* assessment here