- Exam review session: Monday, Dec 12, 4pm in RAC2 second floor seminar room!
- Assignment 9: In 2c) the coefficient should have a exponent of "n".
- Assignment 9 has been updated with a few clarifications and typo fixes.
- Assignment 8: in question 1, you will need to use g = 1 to reproduce the figure.
- Assignment 6: UPDATED! The definition of sigma_+ is was missing a factor of 2. There was also a mistake in problem 1, part f) which is now corrected in a very subtle way: I changed the notation in the rest of problem to be more intuitive.
- Future tutorials have been cancelled due to lack in attendance. Ian will have office hours by appointment.
- You next assignment will require MATLAB (or some other numerical software package). Please see me as soon as possible if you cannot obtain access to MATLAB.
- When e-mailing your assignments to Ian, please put "QT A#" (where # is the assignment number) in the subject line.
- Bonus! If you typeset one of the lectures 11-34 and send me the LaTeX code, you will receive %1 bonus in your final grade. If you are interested and haven't signed up for this yet, see me.
- Assignment 3, Problem 2, part 1: There is not actually a unique Hermitian operator solving this problem. Find a Hermitian operator for full marks and bonus marks will be given for any coherent attempt at the general solution.
- Tutorial change! Now 3:30pm Friday's in MC5136B.
- Midterm: Wednesday, October 19, in class.
- Late assignment policy: 10% deduction per day. If you have a valid excuse, see me before the deadline!
- Bonus! If you e-mail your LaTeX'ed solutions to Ian of any one of the assignments, you will receive a %1 bonus in your final grade. Every other additional assignment solutions submitted in LaTeX will be rewarded with your choice of a handshake or fist pump.
Time and location
- Lectures: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 11:30am - 12:20pm, PHY 313.
- Tutorial: Friday, 3:30pm, MC5136B.
- Office hours: Tuesday, Thursday, 1:00pm - 2:00pm, RAC2 2132.
- Ian Hincks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office: RAC2 2134
- Very incomplete set of lecture notes: here.