Blind-spots: cognitive or reflexive behaviors that cause you to:
* miss important (sometimes OBVIOUS) information or details
* commit to a bad approach based on pre-conceived notions
* "fudge" results to make your solution the superior one (ignore objective evidence)
* over-complicate a design
* focus on the wrong objectives or obsess over minor details
* think you understand a tool/API just by reading about it
* slog through a tangle of broken code way too long
The blinders: why do we struggle?
* EGO, you might not be as clever as you think. (Overconfidence, Illusory Superiority)
- e.g. Newbs think it's easy, Pros know it's probably harder than it sounds.
* Escalation of Commitment, you've already spent sooo much time, how could you abandon it?