Caesar Rodney High School 2013-2014
Grade Level: 9
Teacher: Ms. Margaret Crosby
Phone: 302-697-2161 ext. 4102
1. 1. Attendance: You are expected to be in class everyday. Since this course is designed to include lab settings your presence and participation are essential. Class will alternate on a schedule. Class will begin promptly everyday. Tardiness will not be accepted.
2. 2. Make-Up Work: IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO OBTAIN ANY MISSED ASSESSMENTS ACQUIRED DURING YOUR ABSENCE! MAKE-UP WORK WILL BE LOCATED IN THE “MAKE-UP WORK” FOLDERS IN THE FRONT OF THE ROOM! You will have the amount of time you missed to complete make-up work. Ex: If you are out for 2 days, you have 2 days after you return to complete the work you missed.
3. 3. Late Work: ALL WORK MUST BE TURNED IN ON TIME, LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. This does not include make-up work.
4. 4. Textbook: Textbooks will not be handed out to each student, but may be signed out at any point in the year as a resource.
5. 5. Lab: Labs will be performed regularly throughout the course. Any form of misconduct in the lab may result in removal from future labs and/or a Zero on the lab.
6. 6. Assessments: Students may elect to revise 1 assessment during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd marking period only based on the following criteria:
1. Must have failed the assessment (less than 70%)
2. The grade earned on the make-up assessment will be the final grade for the assessment.
3. Signed “retake slip” must be returned to the teacher BEFORE the retake will be allowed.
4. There will be NO retake during the 4th marking period.
7. 7. Grading: Grades will be based on a weighted system, as follows
Assessments (tests, quizzes, projects, presentations, etc…) 60%
8. 8. Notebook: Students are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to keep the following:
a. One spiral notebooks (ONLY FOR SCIENCE)
b. One three ring binder
Dividers - one labelled "Notes" and the other "Classwork"
9. 9. Guidelines for Success
e. Be a Participant!
10. Classroom Rules:
a. Show respect to everyone and everything
b. Be prepared for class
c. Be in your assigned seats and be ready to work when class begins
d. Keep your desk and our classroom clean
e. Obey all the school rules.
11. Academic Honesty: Cheating or any form of plagiarism will not be tolerated and could result in the following consequences:
a. Parents will be called and informed of the incident
b. Student receives a Zero on the assignment
c. Student’s academic misconduct will be CONFIDENTIALLY communicated to all of his/her teachers