ST. JAMES' CHURCH TYTHERINGTON
St. James' Church dates back to 1170, the first Rector was Robert of Wych from 1275 to 1309, then in the Worcester Diocese. The church is the focal point of the village, set at the cross roads, opposite the village pub, village green and playground. The building itself has changed very little since it was first built, except for The Chancel being shorted by ten feet in 1779 as it was in such a poor state of repair! That is not the case now and it is well cared for with a good organ and a very enthusiastic team of Bellringers.
There is a community shop and post office in the village, which is a lifeline to the housebound as newspapers and orders are delivered. Tytherington's origins were founded on agriculture and the woollen industry but latterly relied on the huge road stone quarry which offered many local people employment.
Remembrance Service St. James's Church 2015
Tytherington Village website: http://www.tytherington.com/
Our Parishes >