ST. OSWALD'S ROCKHAMPTON
The parish church of St Oswald is in the rural village of Rockhampton, with several working farms, a tree nursery and garage, about sixty houses and one and fifty residents.
The origins of the church date back to the 11th century but the fabric of the current building and church yard have always been well maintained. The first recorded incumbent was Richard La Mare in 1270; the attendance for festivals is very good, often the hundred seats being filled but unfortunately at other times the congregation is small. The intimate space within the church is often used for well attended musical events and concerts. As a rural community we enjoy a traditional style of worship , but also embrace the more contemporary services which are a reflection of modern times. The very successful Rockhampton cricket club has two club houses and pitches one being on the common in the centre of the village, where we hold the annual flower show and fete and the other a couple of miles away where there is a modern pavilion and facilities. The old school room, next to the church is now a comfortable and well appointed village hall, which is used regularly by various organisations.Carol Concert at St.Oswald's Church
Rockhampton Village Web site : www.rockhamptonvillagehall.com
Our Parishes >