DWI Lawyer Houston - Costs
Arrested for DWI in Houston?
Nearly every Texas DWI case will necessitate a different set of legal fees.
Criminal Lawyers in Houston will charge on a cases by case basis.
Drunk Driving Defense Costs
- Court Fees
- Criminal Fine (up to $10,000)
- Annual Fees to keep driver's license (usually about $2,000/yr)
- Lawyer Fees (varies by case)
- Jail Time
Call (713) 224-4000 for consultation.
DWI Related Offenses & Extenuating Circumstances
First DWI in Houston
- Max $2,000 fine, 3-180 days jail, lose license for up to 1 yr, up to $2,000/yr for 3 yrs to keep your license
2nd DWI in Houston
- Max $4,000 fine, 30 days - 1 yr jail, lose license up to 2 yrs, same annual fee to keep license
3rd DWI in Houston
- Max $10,000 fine, 2 - 10 yrs state prison, lose license up to 2 yrs, same annual fee to keep license
DWI With Child Passenger in Houston
Child under 15 in vehicle, you can be charged with child endangerment.
- Max $10,000 fine, up to 2 yrs jail, lose license up to 6 months, other fees apply
Open Container in Houston
- $500 fine & Class C Misdemeanor
- If also charged with DWI, then Class B misdemeanor + 6 days jail
Intoxication Manslaughter in Houston
2nd Degree Felony.
- 2 - 20 yrs state prison [mandatory minimum is in effect]
- Max $10,000 fine