Beyond Zio-Nazi Propaganda re Peace Flotilla

Beyond Zio-Nazi Propaganda re Peace Flotilla

 

Israelis said, “peace flotilla were armed”. Yet, they failed to present any evidence in support of their false and ill motivated claims. The facts: These boats and passengers were properly screamed by a few countries customs and security agencies and Israeli claims are false.

Israelis said, “it was a police operation”. The facts: It was a terrorist attack at the International waters and act of piracy and hijacking.

Hamas is a lawfully elected government. Should we adopt the Israeli yardstick and rhetoric regarding Hamas then we can not ignore the fact that most Israeli Prime Ministers and politicians of the past and present were and are terrorists as well as half of the current Israeli politicians should be prosecuted for war crimes!

 

 

Equal principle applies for Israeli propaganda regarding Turkish-based Humanitarian Relief Foundation or IHH. Remember Avigdor Lieberman and many Israeli politicians’ track records elevate IHH to sainthood!

Israeli conspiracy to coerce people to sign voluntary deportation were cruel jokes and another propaganda of Mark Regev as no one went to Israel illegally as the Israeli terrorists kidnapped them from the International waters illigally.

 

Faruque Ahmed

 

I was 'Tasered' by Israelis, says Herald photographer

JASON KOUTSOUKIS ELA PRISON, BEERSHEVA KIRSTY NEEDHAM AND JESSICA MAHAR

June 3, 2010

Ejected ... activists head for Tel Aviv Airport, from where they will fly to Turkey. The deportees include Herald photographer Kate Geraghty, bottom left. Australian man Ahmed Luqman, top left, is being held in hospital after he was shot in the leg. Photo: AFP/Jack Guez

ISRAEL is believed to have deported 618 international detainees, including four Australians, captured when it stormed a flotilla of ships in international waters.

The detainees, who had been held in a detention centre in Beersheva, were to be put on Turkish military flights to Istanbul last night, according to an Irish consular official. The Australians were given no consular access.

The deportees include the Herald's chief correspondent, Paul McGeough, who is travelling on his Irish passport, and the Herald photographer Kate Geraghty.

Geraghty spoke to the Herald last night while the plane waited on the runway. She said the Israeli attack was ''pretty full on''. ''Three of the soldiers on the deck were Australian-Israelis, I couldn't believe it.''

She said she had been ''Tasered'' by the Israelis. ''It hurt and it made me feel sick.''

Earlier the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, rejected calls to establish a commission of inquiry into the events surrounding Monday's deadly confrontation.

The United Nations Human Rights Council adopted a resolution setting up an independent inquiry. The resolution, which condemned Israel's ''outrageous attack'', was adopted after 32 countries voted in favour, three against and eight abstained.

An Australian, Ahmed Luqman, 20, who was shot in the leg during the assault, was still being held in an Israeli hospital but his wife, Jerry Campbell, and sister, Maryam Luqman, were among the deportees.

Israel triggered international outrage when it raided a convoy of activists and aid workers trying to break the blockade on the Gaza Strip, killing nine people. It says its commandos were attacked by the protesters.

The Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, told Parliament he had spoken to Mr Netanyahu and requested ''he personally engage on the matter concerning the well-being of these Australians''. Mr Rudd said he had indicated his government ''remains sensitive to the security concerns of Israel'', but was deeply concerned by the loss of life.

Geraghty told consular officials she was on the Challenger One when it was intercepted. She suffered bruises, minor burns and nausea.

Challenger One's first mate, Shane Dillon, saw Geraghty being attacked and Israeli forces ripping equipment from McGeough. ''She was just doing her journalistic duties … She advised them she was a bona fide photographer … She was just attacked,'' Mr Dillon told the Herald from Dublin.

He said Challenger One had attempted to outrun the Israeli boats to give Geraghty a chance to send her images. ''We were 15 minutes from the flotilla before they could board us,'' he said.

Geraghty was questioned by the Israelis and asked if she knew she had entered a combat zone. Geraghty said she was an accredited journalist and those rules should not apply. A letter sent on May 24 by the Herald's editor, Peter Fray, to Israeli authorities called for both journalists to be given safe passage if captured.

''In the event that Israel apprehends the vessel on which they are travelling, I urge you to allow McGeough and Geraghty the freedom to pursue their journalistic duty …''

The Israeli ambassador, Yuval Rotem, confirmed the letter was received before the flotilla sailed.

Gabi Lusky, a lawyer hired by the Herald, said authorities lied to her. ''I specifically asked to see the Australians and was told I would see them.'' She said she was locked in a room and later found McGeough and Geraghty were on the way to the airport.

The Israeli High Court of Justice said it would hear a petition to prevent the deportation two hours before the planes were due to leave.

Source: The Age

 

 

 

Israel releases hundreds of activists

By Middle East correspondent Anne Barker, wires

Updated 1 hour 15 minutes ago

PreviousNextSlideshow: Photo 1 of 2

 

Activists, seized during a raid on an aid convoy sailing to Gaza, arrive in Jordan after being deported. (Reuters: Muhammad Hamed)

Israel has released hundreds of activists arrested during Monday's deadly flotilla raid as international pressure mounts for a full investigation into the incident.

The flotillas were raided by Israeli commandos in a botched operation and nine passengers were killed.

Nearly 700 people on board the boats were taken into custody, but until Tuesday night only a fraction had been released.

The accelerated deportations came after two days of calls by global leaders for Israel to release the detainees who were taken off six aid ships.

As condemnation of Israel grows, the country's security cabinet held a late-night session and agreed to release all detainees within 48 hours.

More than 350 have been released, many of them Turkish citizens who are now waiting for flights home or have already left.

Jordan's state-run Petra news agency said 126 people had crossed its border, including 30 Jordanians as well as nationals from Bahrain, Kuwait, Morocco, Syria, Algeria, Oman, Yemen, Mauritania, Indonesia, Pakistan, Malaysia and Azerbaijan.

More than 130 Turkish nationals have been waiting at Ben Gurion airport near Tel Aviv to catch special flights home, while another 70 or more are en route to the airport, immigration police spokeswoman Sabine Hadad said.

Five Australians are among those being held, and one of them, 20-year-old Ahmad Luqman, was shot in the leg and has had surgery at a hospital in Tel Aviv.

His wife and a friend may be released later Wednesday. Their lawyer says the injured man may be discharged at the weekend.

Australian embassy staff have met several Australians still in custody this morning, among them is Sydney Morning Herald photographer Kate Geraghty, who was injured by an unknown weapon during the raid.

In a statement, Herald editor Peter Fray says the attack was confirmed by consular officials in Israel and eyewitnesses at the scene.

It is believed Ms Geraghty sustained bruising and a minor burn on her upper arm during the boarding of the vessel.

She is still in detention along with fellow Herald journalist Paul McGeough.

The security cabinet is scheduled to meet again to discuss Israel's response to the peace flotilla, which has sparked a diplomatic tsunami for Israel.

Angry backlash

The Israeli government is standing its ground against the United Nations, NATO and other world leaders who have condemned its actions, and insists the soldiers acted in self defence after being attacked by the ships' passengers.

Earlier, the Israeli military admitted it had made mistakes during the raid, saying some of the commandos had been issued with paintball guns for crowd control duties.

But reports from on board the ship say the Israeli soldiers began firing first and that activists were waving white flags.

Relations with regional ally Turkey, whose citizens made up the bulk of the flotilla's passengers and four of the nine dead, have hit a new low with the families of Israel diplomats called home after angry demonstrations in Turkey.

Turkish prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Israel should be held to account over the affair.

Calls for an immediate investigation into the raid have been issued by the United Nations, the European Union and the United States, with US secretary of state Hillary Clinton calling for a "prompt, impartial, credible and transparent" inquiry into the incident.

Britain, France, Russia and China - four of the five veto-wielding Security Council members - have also urged Israel to lift its blockade of the Gaza Strip.

Speaking to his security cabinet yesterday, Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu defended the blockade and said it would remain in place to deny Gaza's Hamas rulers the means to bolster their arsenal.

Another two aid boats are expected to arrive in the region early next week.

Israel's ambassador to Canberra has defended the raid, telling the ABC's PM program his country was justified and required to act against the flotilla.

Yuval Rotem says the ships were acting unlawfully by trying to break the blockade on the Gaza strip.

"If they want to unload all those materials, all those so-called humanitarian aid to Gaza, they could have two options, either for the Egyptian side of the border or for the Israeli side of the border," he said.

"This option was given to them but they have most likely something else is mind, otherwise they could have docked in a port in Israel."

- ABC/wires

 

Comments