CREW Energy Cafe Guide
What is an Energy Cafe?
An energy cafe is an informal advice session providing guidance on how to reduce energy costs.
Each attendee will receive a free one-on-one consultation from a local energy champion who will help them:
- switch to a cheaper energy supplier
- obtain discounts on their energy bills
- reduce any fuel debt
- reduce their energy use through changes in behaviour and measures in the home
These are typical hosted at a local community centre and aim to help those in or at risk of fuel poverty.
They are called a cafe because free tea and cake is provided!
CREW hopes that by running the cafes we can:
- Help residents reduce their energy bills and reduce any energy debt
- Educate the community how to reduce their energy consumption
- Reducing the carbon footprint of South West London
- What is Fuel Poverty?
- Energy supplier obligations
- Covid-19 support
- How to Switch Energy Supplier
- Energy Bill Discounts
- including details of Warm Home Discount, Water Help and WaterSure
- Priority Service Register
- Debt Relief
- Energy Reduction
- measures and behaviours
- including details of available grants
- Telephone Advice
- Energy Supplier Contacts
- Home visits
- Running an Energy Cafe
- CREW Resources
- Information useful to CREW not directly related to Energy Cafes