This is a great way to combine Hannukah and Thanksgiving this year. You can make smaller versions and serve them with toothpicks as the perfect appetizer. Serve alongside with bowls of sour cream and apple sauce for dipping.
- 5 grated-sweet potatoes
- diced onion
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place aluminium foil over two baking sheets.Drizzle olive oil over the foil.
- Lightly stir together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop rounds of the sweet potato mixture onto the pans and flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 mins and then flip sides. Bake an additional 15-20 mins or so. You want the bottoms to be slightly-browned.
- Place latkes on platter with toothpicks inserted through them. Serve applesauce and sour cream alongside the latkes.