Yields: 6 Large Subs Ingredients:
- 1 diced ,large yellow onion
- 1 diced, yellow pepper
- 1 diced, green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 t. paprika
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 8 oz of your favorite beer
- 8 oz of freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 6 soft sub rolls
- 1 T. melted butter
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Mix together the paprika, sea salt, and pepper. Rub onto the chicken breasts and set aside.
- In the bottom of the crockpot, layer the onions and peppers. Add garlic evenly on top. Place chicken on top and pour a can of beer over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Prior to 15 minutes before serving, shred the chicken in the crockpot using a fork or tongs. Mix and toss the chicken together with the onions, peppers, and garlic. Cook for the additional 15 more minutes.
- Turn the crockpot to the warm or off setting. Stir in the grated white cheddar cheese and let sit for 5 minutes.
- To toast bread: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush each sub roll with butter and layer with slices of provolone cheese. Place open sub rolls on a baking sheet and toast for 12 minutes (or until the cheese is browned and bubbly).
- Place your Chicken mixture onto each toasted sub and add whatever condiments you like. (I like mine with banana peppers.)