- 2 lbs chicken tenders or breast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and season chicken with salt. When oil is hot - cook chicken until outsides are browned. Aprox 2-3 minutes each side. When chicken is browned drain it on paper towels and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high; in the same pan add the diced onion, garlic, and ginger to the oil remaining in the skillet and cook and stir until the onion turns translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Stir the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cayenne, and 1 tablespoon of water into the onion mixture
- Mix the tomatoes, yogurt, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, and 1 teaspoon salt into the mixture.
- Return the chicken breast to the skillet along with any juices on the plate. Pour 1/2 cup water into the mixture; bring to a boil, turning the chicken to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle the garam masala and 1 tablespoon cilantro over the chicken.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 20-30 mins until chicken is is full cooked.