For Directions to Carnegie Mellon - Click Directions on the google page
You may wish to take carpool to this event, or take the bus or shuttle:
The 90U Intercampus Shuttle leaves Chatham (Mellon) and stops at CMU (Craig Hall). For the shuttle schedule, visit: http://www.pc.pitt.edu/transportation/routes.html
If you want to take the bus, the Pittsburgh Port Authority bus site suggests taking the 67E (bus stop at Wilkins Avenue & Woodland Road) to CMU (Forbes Ave & Devon). You can also take the 67F, which has the same pick up and drop off points.
The 61 buses also stop at Carnegie Mellon.
Also, you could take the 500, which leaves from Fifth Avenue & College and goes to CMU area (Fifth & Craig). If you take this bus, you would just have to walk down Craig St. about 4 or 5 blocks to get to CMU.
Bus fare is $2.00, each way.
If you drive, you may visit the following link for directions to CMU and a campus map: http://www.cmu.edu/about/visit/directions-parking.shtml
Parking at metered parking or parking off site:
If you choose to park in metered parking instead of the garage, It is 25 cents per half hour. it will cost around $4 in change and you can only park a maximum of 4 hours, so we suggest arriving no earlier than 9:00 am if you plan to park at the meters. There is metered parking along tech street and Frew street. See map
You can try parking for free down the street on Forbes Ave or at the golf course. past the golf course and riding any 61 or 59 numbered bus down to campus. The 67 also stops at CMU if you park on Wilkins Ave.
Parking at Carnegie Mellon Garage
(Instructions for Students and Alumni)
1. Parking is available in the Parking Garage (East Campus Lot) or there is metered/on-street parking available. Cost to park in the garage is $7 for up to 5 hours.
2. Pull up to the parking garage entrance closest to the University Center. If there is a sign saying that the garage is full, you must search for metered/on-street parking. There are often more spaces available toward the golf course (please refer to your campus map).
3. If the garage is not full, push the blue button on the gate box and a ticket will emerge. You will need this ticket to exit the garage.
4. Enter the garage and park in any open space, except spaces reserved with a sign (e.g. Parking Services Only, Off-campus Employees).
5. Take the parking ticket with you when you leave the garage.
6. When you leave Creative Careers at the end of the program, go to the paystation in the garage (two red machines located on the first floor of the garage on the back wall of the parking/security offices).
7. Insert your entry ticket (the ticket you got when you entered the garage) and pay the required fee. Follow the instructions given at the pay station to exit.