The Career Clusters
Career Clusters encompass a range of careers based on essential
economic activities, similar interests, common skills, and training
required by those in the field.
It is a way to organize teaching and
learning to meet the specific needs and resources in broad career areas,
grouping similar occupations.
Essential knowledge and skills are taught
to students in order to graduate fully prepared for further education
and careers in the 21st-century global economy.
Click here for a pdf Course Guide.
Click on a cluster for more information.
- Arts, Media and Communication
- Includes the Visual Communications Academy with pathways in Graphic Design or Animation.
- Business, Management and Finance - Includes Academy of Finance, Accounting Academy, Business Management Academy, and Marketing Academy.
- Construction and Development
- Includes Architectural Design Academy and Construction Management Academy.
- Consumer Services, Hospitality and Tourism - Includes Culinary Science Academy and Hotel & Restaurant Management Academy.
- Health and Biosciences
- Includes Biotechnology Academy and the Academy of Health Professions
with pathways in Clinical Research in Allied Health, Certified Nursing
Assistant, and Emergency Medical Technician.
- Human Resource Services -
Includes Child Development Academy, Government, Law & Public
Administration Academy, Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Academy, and the Teacher Academy.
- Information Technology
- Includes Computer Programming Academy and CyberSecurity Networking
Academy with pathways in PC Systems and Computer Networking.
- Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology - Includes Pre-Engineering(Project Lead the Way) Academy and Systems and Project Engineering Academy.
- Transportation Technologies - Includes Automotive Technology Academy.
View the attachments below for more information on the CTE programs and Maryland Career Clusters