For Brownie Cupcakes
1 pouch Brownie Mix (10.25 oz /8x8 pan size)
Water, eggs, and oil called for on back of pouch, made for cake-like brownies
½ cup mini chocolate chips
For Buttercream Frosting
1/3 cup unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
Food coloring and/or sprinkles for decoration, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Prepare brownies according to the directions on the back of the pouch for cake-like brownies (either extra water or an extra egg, depending on the brand you use).
3. Fill muffin cups about ¾ full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
4. To make the frosting, beat butter with a hand-mixer until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add the vanilla. The frosting will be crumbly. Add the cream, starting with 2 tablespoons, and beat until the frosting is the desired consistency (adding more cream if necessary). Add food coloring if desired.
5. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles, if desired.
Yield: 10 cupcakes
Copyright ©2011 Crazy for Crust All rights reserved