Printed at www.CrazyforCrust.com
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, softened
2 tired bananas
7 tablespoons sour milk (To make sour milk: mix 6 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons milk with 1 teaspoon white vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and sugar your loaf pan (instead of dusting it with flour, use sugar). Do not use cooking spray for this step! If you want to use cooking spray to grease your pan, skip the sugar. For muffins, use muffin cups (will make approximately 12 muffins).
2. Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer (and hand mixer is okay too).
3. Add the bananas, eggs, sour milk, and baking soda to a blender. Mix until liquefied.
4. Pour half of the banana mixture into the butter mixture with 1 cup of flour and mix until just combined. Repeat with the rest of the liquid and flour. Do not overmix!
5. Stir in nuts if desired.
6. Try not to eat all the raw batter. It’s almost better than the finished product!
7. Pour into loaf pan. Bake approximately 50-60 minutes. (Muffins bake in about 15-20 minutes, check after 10 minutes and then again after 15.)
Yield: 1 loaf
Source: My Mommy
Copyright ©2011 Crazy for Crust All rights reserved.