1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup chunky peanut
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (regular sized)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda,
baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, peanut
butter and sugars. Add in egg and beat well.
4. Fold flour mixture into the
butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop out a tablespoonful of
dough and flatten it. Place a peanut butter cup on top, then top with another
tablespoonful of dough. Shape the dough around the peanut butter cup, making
sure that you can’t see any of the cup peeking through. Only bake 6 cookies at a
time, because they are quite large.
6. Garnish with additional chocolate
chips if desired. Bake for 12 minutes.
Makes 12 cookies.