The following are
selected links to organizations and web sites focused on 'open'
IT architecture and standards, especially in the area of 'Open' Agriculture solutions:
- American National
Standards Institute (ANSI) - The Institute oversees the creation,
promulgation and use of thousands of standards, norms, and guidelines that
directly impact businesses in nearly every sector – including information
- Association for Open Group Enterprise Architects (AOGEA) - A professional association committed to
advancing the enterprise architecture profession and professional excellence.
- AUTOSAR - The collaborative AUTomotive Open System Architecture initiative.
- European Committee for Standardization (CEN) - Providing a platform for the development of European Standards and other technical specifications.
- Information Architecture Institute - A global organization supporting individuals and organizations
specializing in Information Architecture.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Standards - Helping to accelerate the development of open, non-proprietary communications interface standards for transportation systems.
- International Standards Organization (ISO) - A network of national standards institutes from countries around the world. See Transportation Standards.
- Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Architecture - Providing a common framework for planning,
defining, and integrating intelligent transportation systems in the U.S.
- MARine Systems Software Architecture (MARSSA) - An Open Reference System Architecture for the maritime industry.
- Object Management
Group (OMG) - An international, 'open' computer industry
consortium developing enterprise integration standards & tools for a wide range of
technologies, e.g. Unified
Modeling Language (UML), Model Driven Architecture (MDA).
- openETCS - The 'Open' European Train Control System (OpenETCS) utilizes 'open standards' and an 'open source' ecosystem of software an services.
- Open Group - Architecture & Standards - A
vendor and technology neutral consortium whose vision of Boundaryless Information Flow™ will enable access to
integrated information based on open standards and global interoperability.
- Open Grid
Services Architecture - Helping to move towards a grid system
architecture based on open grid services and architectural principles.
Source Software Licenses - A list of approved open source licenses and
their definition maintained by the Open Source Initiative.
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) - A non-profit consortium that drives the development,
convergence and adoption of open standards for the global information
- World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C) - An international community that develops standards to ensure the
long-term growth of the Web.
Selected Articles, Books, & Papers on IT Architecture & Standards
If you would like to
suggest new material or links to be added to this
web site, please email