The following is a quick list of selected 'Open Government' information portals & projects:
U.S. eGovernment Portals
* See links to the 50 State Government Portals maintained by USA.Gov
- Challenge.Gov - GSA sponsored public/private collaborative mobile app development projects for the government.
- Citadel on the Move - A European Union (EU) funded project aimed at making it easier for citizens and application developers to use Open Data to create innovative mobile applications.
- Civic Commons - Open source civic software development projects for local government, e.g. Open 311.
- CivicCRM - An open source Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) foundation, project and software suite for the civic sector.
- Code For America - Sponsoring collaborative public/private sector civic software development projects.
- Code For Europe & Civic Exchange - Inspiring governments to rethink the way they handle IT projects to solve civic issues.
- EU OpenCities - A European Union (EU) project developing innovative open solutions for Smart Cities of the future.
- EU eGovernment - eGovernment projects and activities across the European Union (EU).
- Evergreen - An open source system for public libraries.
- Fire Fighting IT Projects - Free, public domain software
tools for fire fighting organizations: FEIS, BehavePlus,
- Forge.mil - Enabling the collaborative development and use of open source software for DoD.
- Geospatial Platform - Portal to U.S. government agencies' geospatial data, services, and apps.
- GovFresh - Inspiring government-citizen collaboration on software projects, mobile apps, information & knowledge sharing, and more.
- IPAWS Open - The Integrated Public Alert & Warning System (IPAWS) Open Platform for Emergency Networks (OPEN) coordinated by FEMA.
- Koha - Open source Integrated Library System (ILS) project.
- NASA Projects - Numerous open source software projects being managed and shared by NASA.
- OpenGeo - Provides government agencies with an open source, low cost solutions for displaying data on the web.
- OpenISES - Open source software for civilian Emergency Response Teams.
- OpenPlans - Developing open source & open data solutions to change the way that cities and citizens interact.
- Open Source Labs (OSL) - Hosting a range of public & private sector open source projects, e.g. Apache, GOSCON.
- OSEHRA - The collaborative Open Source Electronic Health Record Alliance activities sponsored by the VA and DoD.
- Public Mapping Project - An open source redistricting software project aimed at enabling greater public participation in the process.
- SE Linux - NSA sponsored security enhanced Linux project.
- Transportation Analysis & Simulation System (TRANSIMS) - Open source tools for conducting regional transportation system analyses.
- TrustTheVote - Reinventing how America votes in a digital democracy by providing a freely available technology solution.
- Ushahidi - Information collection, mapping, & reporting tool for humanitarian relief projects.
- U.K. Openly Local Project - Developing an open and unified way of accessing local government information in the U.K.
- Vesuvius - Focused on the disaster preparedness and response needs of
the medical community, contributing to family reunification and
assisting with hospital triage.
- Visible Government - Non-profit Canadian web site promoting use of online tools for governments to improve operations & transparency.
- World Bank: Open Solutions - Open Development, Open Data, & Open Knowledge tools available from the World Bank.
* See Bing search of government open source projects** Also, see open source software, projects, & portals on the COSI Open Health and COSI Education web sites.
If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org