The following are links
to selected books on collaboration, open solutions,
and innovation in the field of education & training:
- The Art of Community: Building the New Age of Participation - How to develop a strategy, with specific objectives and goals, for building a collaborative community.
- CK-12 Flexbook - Using an open-content, web-based collaborative model termed the
"FlexBook," CK-12 intends to pioneer the generation and distribution of
high quality free and open educational content.
- Google Books - Search and preview millions of books from libraries and publishers worldwide using Google Book.
- Good Faith Collaboration - An examination of Wikipedia, the online
encyclopedia built by a community of
contributors who are collaborating and interacting with one another and the
issue of 'openness' and several challenges to it.
- How Google Works - A page-turning primer containing lessons learned from building this modern hi-tech company in the 21st Century.
- Innovation Happens Elsewhere: Open Source as Business Strategy - Discusses business reasons for using open source, and describes how an open source project works in a day-to-day manner.
- The Open Innovation Revolution - A book that addresses the ground work that needs to be laid for
any organization wanting to pursue a successful 'open innovation' approach.
- The Open Source Alternative: Understanding Risks and Leveraging Opportunities - A careful and reasoned legal and business analysis on the 'open
- OER Commons Textbooks - Information about open textbooks offered through Open Education Commons (OER).
- Opening Up Education - A book published by MIT Press on advancing education through open technology, open content, and open knowledge.
- An Open World - Collected stories from the open source community.
- Producing Open Source Software - A free, online text book on how to run a successful open source software development project.
- The World Is Open
- How web technology and open source are revolutionizing education.
- Wikinomics: How Mass CollaborationChanges Everything - The book describes how smart firms can harness collective
capability and genius to spur innovation, growth, and success in the twenty-first century.
The webmasters have assumed that visitors to this site already have an extensive knowledge and interest in
open source and education information technology. If you would like to
suggest new material or links to be added to this web site, please email