The following are links to selected organizations focused on 'open' technologies and solutions for the Creative Arts:
- Alliance of Artists Communities - Helping to supporting today’s artists in the creation of new work is essential to human progress.
- Americans for the Arts - Helping to lead the network of individuals and organizations who cultivate, promote, and support the arts in the U.S.
- Artists Network - Connecting artists with news, ideas, inspiration and instruction.
- Digital Arts Community - A social media site for the digital arts community.
- Fractured Atlas - A non-profit organization that serves a national
community of artists and arts organizations by providing access to funding, healthcare,
education, technology, etc.
- Graphic Comm Central - Provides industry professionals, educators, and students access to resources & information about the Graphics Communication industry.
- International Digital Media & Art Association - Dedicated to serving educators, practitioners, scholars, and organizations with interests in digital media.
- LibrePlanet Artists - A network of graphic designers, photographers, illustrators,
videographers, animators, and audio engineers working to create free
artwork using free & open source software.
- National Art Education Association - The leading professional membership organization exclusively for visual arts educators in the U.S.
- National Assembly of State Art Agencies - Unites, represents and serves the state and jurisdictional arts agencies across the U.S.
- National Endowment for the Arts - An independent U.S. government agency supporting artistic excellence, creativity,
and innovation for the benefit of individuals and communities.
- OpenCourseWare Consortium - A collaboration of higher education institutions and associated
organizations from around the world creating a broad and deep body of
open educational content using a shared model.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) Commons
- Providing access to a wide range of teaching and learning materials
that may be freely used and shared - for elementary schools, high
schools, and universities.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum - Home to one of the largest and most inclusive collections of American art in the world.
- Technology in the Arts - Providing the arts community with resources to better understand and benefit from the intersection of arts and technology
If you would like to
suggest new material or links to be added to this web site, please email