The following are selected links to 'open source' software development tools and utilities used in health care.
- AHRQ Health IT Tools & Resources - Public domain tools provided by AHRQ to help health care organizations plan for, implement, and evaluate health IT systems.
- CollabNet Application Lifecycle Management Platform - The most widely used collaborative platform for distributed software development projects.
- Eclipse 'Open' Development Platform, Framework & Tools - An
open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools
and run times for building, deploying and managing software across the
- Embedded Master - An open source Android-based embedded technology software development project.
- Insight Segmentation & Registration Toolkit(ITK) - An
open-source, cross-platform system that provides developers with an extensive
suite of software tools for image analysis.
- Mirth Interoperability Software & Projects - An
open source solution for health care interoperability consisting of
several modules, e.g. an HL7 messaging interface; a clinical data
repository; and a master patient index (MPI).
- Open Health Tools (OHT) Organization - An
ecosystem collaborating on building open, standards-based
interoperable systems and tools that enable patients and their care
providers to have access to vital and reliable medical information at
the time and place needed.
- Open Master Patient Index (OEMPI) - An
open source tool providing the capability to create any
domain-specific master patient index.
- OpenNebula - An industry standard open source cloud computing toolkit for managing distributed data center infrastructures and software applications.
- OpenStack Cloud Computing - Allows
any organization to create and offer cloud computing capabilities
using open source software running on standard hardware.
- Open Source GIS Tools - List of growing number of available open source Geographic Information Systems (GIS) application software.
- Open Source Java, XML, UML and Other Software Tools - A
range of open source software tools available on Java-Source.net
Selected reports or white papers on collaborative and/or open source software development tools and utilities. * Find information about many other open source Health IT Tools at Open Health News.The
webmaster has assumed that individuals visiting this site already have
an extensive knowledge and interest in open source and health
information technology (HIT). If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find links to free and open source alternatives to commercial products