* Check out the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Home Telehealth and the ATA Home Telehealth programs.
The following are links
to selected collaborative, 'open source' or public domain telemedicine systems, tools, projects, and organizations:
- AFHCAN Telehealth Solutions - AFHCAN began as the Alaska Federal Health Care Access Network back in 1998. Partners include the VA, DoD, Coast Guard, Indian Health, and the Alaskan Native Tribal Health Consortium.
- American Telemedicine Association - Recognized as the primary forum for the telemedicine industry,
offering peer-reviewed educational program for
continuing medical education on the topics of telemedicine and
telehealth, and more.
- Borboleta Mobile Telehealth System - An open source development project in Brazil designed to support home care programs in public health, using advanced mobile computing tools.
- Center for Connected Health - Engaging patients, providers and the connected health community to deliver quality care outside of traditional medical settings.
- eHealth Initiative (eHI) - eHI Foundation represents over 200 member organizations working together to improve health care processes and consumer health
through the use of modern eHealth solutions & technologies, e.g. Health Information Exchanges (HIE), EHR & PHR Systems, etc.
- Federal Telemedicine News - A
free newsletter reporting on the telemedicine and telehealth activities
of dozens of major federal government agencies and departments.
- International Society for Telemedicine & eHealth - Facilitating the international dissemination of knowledge and experience in Telemedicine & eHealth, including open source telemedicine projects.
- iPath Open Source Telemedicine Platform - An open source, web-based platform for case-based
collaboration, especially designed for telemedicine applications. Originally developed at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
- Telehealth Resource Centers - This web site was established by the Office for the Advancement of Telehealth, Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS).
* Find latest latest news & information about TeleHealth solutions at Open Health News.The
webmaster has assumed that individuals visiting this site already have
an extensive knowledge and interest in open source and health
information technology (HIT).
If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org