The following are links to selected 'Open Data' resources on population health and healthcare in the U.S. and around the world: Videos
- AHCA Long Term Care Data & Statistics - The American Health Care Association (AHCA) collects and provides free access to data on long term care facilities & activities in the U.S.
- CDC Data & Statistics – The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) have opened access to a wide range of data for public health purposes.
- DataVisualization - Provides links to a wide selection of high quality free and open 'data visualization' software tools.
- Google Public Data Explorer - Making large public data sets on healthcare, economics, and other subjects readily accessible and easy to explore & visualize.
- HCUP Databases - Databases on healthcare cost & utilization in the U.S. available from the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ).
- Health.Data.Gov - Providing open access to a wide range of health information & data sets that are generated and/or held by the U.S. Government.
- Knoema & Health Industry Facts - A new knowledge platform that connects data with analytical and presentation tools.
- NationMaster - Compilation of health information & statistics from such sources as the UN, WHO, UNESCO, UNICEF, World Bank, etc.
- National Women's Health Indicator's Database - Database maintained by the Office on Women's Health in the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS).
- StateHealthFacts - Kaiser Foundation web site providing free, up-to-date, and easy-to-use data on the health of all 50 states in the U.S.
- WONDER - Online system and databases available from CDC for the analysis of
public health data.
- World Bank Health Data - Data collected by the World Bank on national health systems, disease prevention, reproductive health, nutrition, population, and more.
- WHO Global Health Observatory - Provides data and analyses on global health issues and priorities.
* Still gathering information and evaluating other health data sets & web sites, e.g. EuroStat, CCW Data Sets, Global Health Data Exchange, NIH Health Services Research & Public Health Databases, Kaiser Foundation 'Global Health Facts', Health Care Cost Institute ...
'Open Data' Organizations
- Open Data Commons - Provides legal solutions in support of open data.
- Open Data Kit (ODK) - Providing an open-source suite of tools that helps
organizations author, field, and manage mobile data collection
- Open Knowledge Foundation - Promoting open knowledge, open content, and access to open data.
- The Data Hub - Provides a catalogue of useful sets of data on the Internet.
* Also check out The Open Data Handbook
* Explore the links to other Federal, State & Local Government open datasets, as well as International open data resources, posted on the Data.Gov web site.
If you would like to suggest new material or links to be added to this web site, please email email@example.com