The following are links
to selected 'open access' web sites, resources, publications, and more: Videos
- Academic Earth - Founded with the goal of giving everyone on earth access to a world-class education.
- Bentham Open Access - Over 230 peer-reviewed open access journals covering all major disciplines of
science, technology, and more.
- BioMed Central - Publisher of 220 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals spanning all areas of biology and medicine.
- ClinicalTrials.Gov - A registry and
of federally and privately supported
clinical trials conducted in the U.S. and around the world.
- Community College 'Open' Textbooks - Peer reviewed free and open textbooks for use in community college courses.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) - A directory of a wide range of freely available, online Open Access Journals covering the arts and sciences.
- eHealthNews Publications - Portal to a wide range of publications dealing with eHealth and related issues.
- Elsevier Open Access - Articles published in their open access
journals are available to anyone on the internet
and are hosted on their
- Encyclopedia of Life - Providing free and 'open access' to knowledge about life on Earth.
- Google Books - Search and preview millions of books from libraries and publishers worldwide using Google Book.
- Health EducationAssests Library (HEAL) -
A digital repository of images, videoclips, animations, presentations, and
audio files that support health care education.
- History of Medicine - The history of medicine brought to life by the Science Museum.
- OER Commons Textbooks - Information about open textbooks offered through Open Education Commons (OER).
- Open Journal Systems - An journal management and publishing system developed as part of the Public Knowledge Project.
- O'Reilly Open Books - Publishers of quite a few Open Books--books with various forms of "open" copyright--over the years.
- Project Gutenburg - Offering over 33,000 free eBooks that can be downloaded.
- PubMed - More than 21 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals,
and online books.
- Scientific Electronic Library Online (SciELO) - Providing open access to scientific journals, primarily from Latin America.
- Versita / De Gruyter Open - One of the world’s leading Open Access platforms, hosting full texts of nearly 200 scholarly journals.
- WikiMedia Commons - An online repository of freely licensed, sharable educational photos and images available on the internet.
- World Digital Library - Providing free and open access to historical documents related to medicine from around the world, coordinated by the Library of Congress & UNESCO.
'Open Access' Organizations
to Data will lead to the goal of “Health” over “Health
If you would like to
suggest new material or links to be added to this web site, please email