The following are links
to newsletters, journals, and trade
magazines, with a focus on medicine, health information, and open source technology:
News & Magazines
- CMIO Magazine - An online magazine and weekly newsletter for Chief Medical Information Officers (CMIO).
- ComputerWorld - Providing news about the development and use of open source solutions in the public and private sectors.
- EHR for Doctors - An online news web site about EHR systems for doctors.
- FierceHealth IT Weekly News - A Fierce Markets publication providing weekly news updates,
white papers and reports for health IT leaders.
- Google News - Links to news items about open source health IT generated by Google News.
- Government Health IT News - Providing coverage of government, health information technology
and healthcare management issues for decision-makers.
- Healthcare IT News - Offers healthcare IT executives timely, pertinent news on new technologies, IT strategies and tactics, statutory and regulatory
issues, as well as provider and vendor updates published in partnership with HIMSS.
- Healthcare Informatics Online - Providing online news, whitepapers, blogs,
webinars and more with a focus on health IT leadership, vision
- Linux Insider - Provides news and information from around the world on the Linux and Free &
Open Source Software (FOSS) communities and activities.
- Linux Medical News - A news web site for Linux and Free & Open Source Software in Medicine.
- Medical News - The latest Medical News and Research from around the world
- Mobile Health Watch - Focused on mobile health news and resources.
- Modern Healthcare - A leading source of healthcare business & policy news.
- OpenEMR News - News & blog posts about OpenEMR installations and activities.
- Open Health News (OHN) - The premier news site covering the open source health IT community and software solutions.
- Open Source Magazine - An online magazine addressing issues, trends and
technologies like JAVA, Eclipse, Linux, Open Source, Open Web 2.0 and more.
- OpenSource.Com News - News about open source software tools and solutions being deployed by businesses and government.
- OStatic - Web site providing news, information, blogs, tweets, and more on open source issues and solutions.
- Physicians News: Medicine & Technology - Focused on physicians and health policy, medical economics, health care law and technology.
- Virtual Medical Worlds - A monthly magazine about Telemedicine and High Performance
Computing and Networking for readers interested in computer applications in
medical environments. (Discontinued/Archived)
* Check out the HINARI Programme, providing free or low cost online access to major journals in biomedical and related social sciences to
not-for-profit institutions in developing countries.
- Bentham Open Access - Over 230 peer-reviewed open access journals covering all major disciplines of
science, technology, medicine, health, and more.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) - A directory of a wide range of freely available, online Open Access Journals covering science, medicine, and more.
- Electronic Journal of Health Informatics (eJHI) - An international open access journal dedicated to the advancement of health information technologies.
- Encyclopedia of Life - Providing free and 'open access' to knowledge about life on Earth.
- Health Informatics Journal - A quarterly journal on health informatics published by Sage
- Journal of AMIA (JAMIA) - A bimonthly American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) journal presenting peer-reviewed articles that
assist both professionals to develop and apply biomedical and health
informatics solutions to patient care, teaching, research, and health care
- Journal of AHIMA - The monthly online journal of the American Health Information
- Journal of Medical Internet Research - An open access peer reviewed journal on health and health related research in the Internet age.
- Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI) - A free international, professional refereed publication that focuses on nursing informatics in all practice settings.
- Public Library of Science (PLoS) Journals - Several open access journals of science and medicine.
* Many of the open source clinical software communities have their own news feeds focused on their particular product and users, e.g. OpenClinica, Mirth, OpenEMR, caBIG, OpenMRS, VistA, etc. though Open Health News (OHN) tries to post the most significant items from these sites.
webmaster has assumed that individuals visiting this site already have
an extensive knowledge and interest in open source and health
information technology (HIT).
If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out some of these social media sites on open source and health
IT news and events, e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin
* See Health Informatics World Wide global index of Web Sites & Publications
** Also check out The Future of Open Source - 2016 Survey slideshow