The following are links
to selected 'open source' health information exchange (HIE) organizations and network solutions: Videos
* Find news & links to other open source Health Information Exchange (HIE) software, organizations, and more at Open Health News.
- Nationwide Health Information Network (NwHIN) 'Connect' - An open source software solution that supports
health information exchange (HIE) at the national and local level.
- Ambulatory HIE Toolkit - A comprehensive overview of HIE resources provided by the American College of Medical Practice Executives and HIMSS .
- eHealth Initiative (eHI) - An independent non-profit organization helping to create an
interconnected, electronic health information infrastructure to support better
- Federal Health Information Exchange (FHIE) - A secure electronic system for transmitting patient health
information between the VA and DoD as part of the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER) system.
- HIE News Portal - A CMIO magazine portal to news on health information
exchange (HIE) projects and activities
- HIEOS - Open source HIE solution offered and supported by General Dynamics.
- Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE) - The nation’s largest health information exchange, partnering
with communities throughout Indiana to ensure health information is available
when and where it is needed for patient care.
- Mirth Project - An open source solution for healthcare interoperability
consisting of several modules, e.g. an HL7 messaging interface; a clinical data
repository; and a master patient index (MPI).
- New England Health EDI Network (NEHEN) - A consortium of regional payers and providers providing
tools, products, and services for its members to engage in both administrative
and clinical information exchanges.
- National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS) - A
CDC initiative advancing the development and deployment of efficient,
integrated, and interoperable disease surveillance systems at federal, state
and local levels.
- OpenExchange - This open source platform provides a standards based core infrastructure to exchange patient health information in a secure and timely manner.
- Open Health Record Exchange (OHRE) - Browsersoft’s OpenHRE offers secure technology to enable health care
communities to exchange data from disparate health information systems.
- Open Science Grid - A multi-disciplinary partnership advancing science through
open distributed computing and meeting the needs of research and academic
communities on a regional, national, or global scale.
- State HIE Programs - HHS portal to all state HIE plans and activities across the U.S.
- World Community Grid - Bringing people together from
across the globe to create the largest non-profit computing grid of pooled
computer processing power benefiting
** Check out Maine's HealthInfoNet video channel.
Articles by the Webmaster and others on collaborative, 'open source' or public domain health information exchange (HIE) solutions:
webmaster has assumed that individuals visiting this site already have
an extensive knowledge and interest in open source and health
If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org