The following are links
to selected 'open source' Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems and community support web sites: Videos
- OpenEMR - A free and open source medical practice
management, electronic medical records (EMR), prescription writing, and medical
- OpenEHR - An open source software platform and tools that can be used to create high-quality, re-usable
clinical models of content and process along with formal interfaces to
- OpenMRS - A community-developed, open source, enterprise electronic medical record
system platform that can be customized to the needs of clinical
and research organizations.
- Open Source Clinical Applications & Resources (OSCAR) - A suite of open source software applications
developed in Canada that include electronic medical records(EMR), a billing
module, a personal health record (PHR), and more.
- Resource& Patient Management System (RPMS) - A popular variant of the VistA system now used by the Indian Health Service
(IHS) and several states in hundreds of health care facilities of various sizes across the U.S.
- Tolven Health Record - An open source platform for ePHR and eCHR applications enabling interoperability across electronic health records for consumers & clinicians.
- A comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) and practice management system originally developed by the Veterans Health
Administration. The software is in the public domain and is installed in
several thousand public and private hospitals and clinics around the world and is supported by OSEHRA and a thriving 'open' community. Check out WorldVistA , VA VistA, MedSphere Open VistA and vxVistA. Also, see global VistA Installation Map.
* The webmaster has assumed that individuals visiting this
site have an extensive knowledge and interest in open source and health
information technology (HIT). If you would like to suggest new material
or links to be added to this
web site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org