Selected for-profit organizations or companies focused on collaboration and 'open' health IT solutions (HIT):
- Black Duck - Focused on helping companies increase their use of collaboration and open source solutions.
- Browsersoft Inc. - Provides health IT consulting services
and breakthrough products such as the Open Health Record Exchange (OpenHRE) solution.
- DSS Inc. - They specialize in the development, implementation, and support computerized patient medical record solutions, i.e. vxVistA.
- InterSystems - Provides a high quality software platform, data base
management system, interconnection capabilities for healthcare organizations
and their health IT systems like Epic
Systems, GE Healthcare, Siemens Medical, VA VistA, and others.
- Kitware - Creates and supports leading
edge, high quality open source software in the fields of computer vision, medical
imaging, visualization, and 3D data publishing.
KRM Associates - Provides open source
health information technology solutions and services to private and
public sector entities, e.g. Open EMR, Open PHR, and Open HIE solutions.
- MedSphere - Helps health care providers achieve clinical and financial transformation
by effectively deploying OpenVista®, an open-source version of the
world's most proven electronic health record (EHR) system - VA VistA.
- Mirth Corporation - Creating open source solutions for healthcare
interoperability consisting of several modules, e.g. an HL7 messaging interface;
a clinical data repository; and a master patient index (MPI).
- MISYS Open Source Solutions (MOSS) - Focused on developing, releasing, and implementing open source health information exchange (HIE) and related solutions.
- OpenEMR Vendors - A listing of vendors providing implementation and support services for the OpenEMR system.
- OpenMRS - A community-developed, open source, enterprise electronic medical record
system platform supported by multiple organizations.
- Open Health Software Solutions - Assists healthcare organizations,
physician offices and clinics to implement the open source OSCAR
electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Red Hat - Provides global enterprises with technology and services made possible by the
open source model. Solutions include Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat
Enterprise Virtualization, JBoss Enterprise Middleware, and a broad
range of management and services used by many health care organizations.
* Visit Open Health News (OHN)
to see a more complete listing and information of public and private
organizations working on 'open' health IT solutions and activities.
check out key Open Health IT Communities that have now emerged.
webmaster has assumed that individuals visiting this site already have
an extensive knowledge and interest in open source and health
information technology (HIT).
If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org