** Google search on links to Health Informatics Standards
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) - The Institute oversees the
creation, promulgation and use of thousands of standards, norms, and guidelines
that directly impact businesses in nearly every sector – including information
- Association for Open Group Enterprise Architects (AOGEA) - A professional association
committed to advancing the enterprise architecture profession and professional
- ASTM Continuity of Care Record (CCR) Standard - A core data set of the most
relevant administrative, demographic, and clinical information facts
about a patient.
- Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT) - Accelerating
the adoption of health IT established a practical definition of what
capabilities are needed in EHR systems along with a system certification process.
- Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) - Developing global, platform-independent data
standards to support the acquisition, exchange, submission and archive of clinical research data and metadata.
- Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) - A global Information Technology
(IT) standard designed to ensure the interoperability of medical images that is used
in virtually all hospitals worldwide.
- European Comittee for Standardization (CEN) - Provides a platform for the development of European
Standards and other technical specifications.
- Health Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP) - A
cooperative partnership between the public and private sectors to harmonize and
integrate standards that will meet clinical and business needs for sharing
information between systems.
- Health Level Seven (HL7) International - A
leading global organization working on standards for
interoperability of health information technology, with
members in over 55 countries
- Information Architecture Institute - A global organization supporting individuals and organizations
specializing in the field of Information Architecture.
- International Health Terminology Standards Development Organization (IHTSDO) - Owns and administers the rights to SNOMED CT and other
health terminologies and related standards used by health systems around the
- International Standards Organization (ISO) - A network of national standards institutes from countries around the world.
- Logical Observation Identifiers Names
and Codes (LOINC) - A set of universal codes and names to identify
laboratory and other clinical observations maintained by the Regenstrief Institute, an
international health care and informatics research organization.
- Medicaid Information Technology Architecture - MITA is a national architectural framework to support improved information systems development and health care management
for the Medicaid enterprise.
- National Council for Prescription Drug Programs - NCPDP creates and promotes the transfer of data
related to medications, supplies, and services within the healthcare system
through the development of standards and industry guidance.
- NwHIN Direct Project - This
project is developing specifications for a secure, scalable, standards-based way to
establish universal health addressing and transport needed to send encrypted
health information directly to known, trusted recipients over the Internet.
- OASIS Open Data (OData) - Advancing open standards for data sharing.
- Object Management Group (OMG) - An international, 'open'
computer industry consortium developing enterprise integration standards for a
wide range of technologies. OMG’s modeling standards, including the Unified
Modeling Language (UML) and Model Driven Architecture (MDA).
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONCHIT) - The principal U.S. government entity charged with coordination of nationwide health information
technology and health information exchange initiatives.
- Open Embedded Software Foundation (OESF) - Promoting standardization of a common 'open' Android-based framework and platform for embedded technology & solutions.
- Open Group - Architecture & Standards - A vendor-neutral and
technology-neutral consortium, whose vision of Boundaryless Information Flow™ will enable access to integrated information based on open standards and global
- Open Grid Services Architecture - Helping to move towards a grid system
architecture based on open grid services and architectural principles.
- Open Source UML & Modeling Software - This Java-Source.Net web site offers a range of open source UML and other model and architectural tool.
- Open Source Software Licenses - A list of approved open
source licenses and their definition maintained by the Open Source Initiative.
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) - A non-profit consortium that drives the development,
convergence and adoption of open standards for the global information
- Unified Medical Language System (UMLS) - Key terminology, classification and coding standards related to biomedical information systems and services.
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) - An international community
that develops standards to ensure the long-term growth of the Web.
*** See links to articles on Open Source Policy at Open Health News
Articles, reports, and papers by the Webmaster and others on collaborative, 'open source' health IT architecture and standards* Visit Open Health News for more information about open health architecture & standards.
webmaster has assumed that individuals visiting this site already have
an extensive knowledge and interest in open source and health
information technology (HIT).
If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email email@example.com