The following are links to selected organizations focused on collaborative, 'open' business & economic solutions needed to meet the challenges of the future:
- American Finance Association - Devoted to the study and promotion of knowledge about financial economics.
- Association for Financial Professionals - A global network of more than 16,000 treasury and finance professionals.
- Center for Democracy & Technology - A non-profit public policy organization dedicated to promoting the
democratic potential of today's open, decentralized global Internet.
- Civic Commons - A non-profit initiative helping cities and local governments build
and use shared and open technologies to improve public services.
- Coalition of Economic Policy Institutions (EPIC) - Promoting research and public discussion of issues related to macro-economic and monetary policy.
- Code For America - Enlisting
talents of the web industry into public service to use their skills to
solve core problems facing our communities, cities, and government at
- ConsumerFinance.Gov - Engaging U.S. consumers and helping to bring greater transparency to the financial marketplace.
- Crowdsourcing.Org - Online repository of news, articles, videos, and site information on the topic of crowdsourcing and crowdfunding.
- Financial Executives International - A leading global organization for senior-level financial executives.
- Linux Professional Institute - Advocating, training, & certifying individuals in the professional use of Linux and Open Source software.
- Mosler Economic Policy Center (MECPOC) - Providing a forum for alternative views on economics.
- Open Economics - Serving as a central point of reference and support for people interested in open data in economics.
- Open Forum Europe (OFE) - A not-for-profit industry organization helping to accelerate and broaden the use of
open source software among businesses, consumers and governments.
- Open Innovation Community - Providing the latest news, research, discussions and solutions related to 'open innovation'.
- Open Source Business Foundation (OSBF) - Helping open source based business organizations to succeed.
- Open Technology Institute (OTI) - Formulates policy and regulations in support of open architectures and innovative open source solutions.
- Operations Institute - Helping other organizations find new, indirect approaches to intractable context barriers.
- Sante Fe Institute - A non-profit organization focused on complexity research expanding the boundries of science.
- World Economic Forum - Encouraging businesses, governments and civil society to commit together to improving the state of the world.