The following are links
to selected 'Open Data' resources related to Business and the Economy in the U.S. and around the world: Videos
* Still gathering information and evaluating other business data sets & web sites, e.g. Data Hub, Open Economics, DHS Daily Open Source Infrastructure Report, ...
- American FactFinder -
The U.S. Census Bureau provides access to population, housing,
economics, and other information from the decennial census and various
surveys they conduct.
- CropLife International Database - Facts & figures relating to agriculture and the plant science industry, food
security, climate change, economics, etc.
- Data.Gov - Providing open access to datasets that are generated and/or held by the U.S. Government.
- DataVisualization - Provides links to a wide selection of high quality free and open 'data visualization' software tools.
- Google Public Data Explorer
large public data sets on education, healthcare, economics, and other subjects
readily accessible to explore.
- IFC Global Economic Data - An array of
global economic data for researchers, policy makers, and others.
- IMF Data & Statistics - Time series data on IMF lending, exchange rates and other economic and financial indicators.
- Knoema - A new knowledge platform that connects diverse data sources with analytical and presentation tools.
- NationMaster - Compilation of Education information & statistics
from such sources as the UN, UNESCO, UNICEF, World Bank, etc.
- OpenCorporates - An 'Open' Database of corporations around the world.
- Open Data for Africa - The Africa Development Bank (AfDB) has launched an open data platform for African countries.
- Open Data Watch - International, non-profit monitoring open data
policies, measuring their success and impact, sharing knowledge,
building partnerships, and offering strategic advice and practical
assistance to other organizations.
- Stats America - Providing information on hundreds of economic and
demographic indicators for states & communities across the U.S.
- U.N. Statistical Databases - A web-based data service bringing UN statistical
databases within reach of users around the globe.
- World Bank Data - Data
collected by the World Bank on national health, education systems, demographics, expenditures, outcomes, and more.
** Check out the list of International Open Data sites established by governments around the world.