The following are
selected links to organizations and web sites focused on 'open' information architecture and standards, especially in the areas of 'open' business, fiscal-policy & finance IT systems &
- American National
Standards Institute (ANSI) - Oversees the creation,
promulgation and use of thousands of standards, norms, and guidelines that
directly impact businesses in nearly every sector.
- Association for Open Group Enterprise Architects (AOGEA) - A professional association committed to
advancing the enterprise architecture profession and professional excellence.
- Business Standards - An organization highlighting the vital role that standards play in helping business organizations improve quality, save money, reduce
risk and be more sustainable.
- European Comittee for Standardization (CEN) - Provides a platform for the development of European
Standards and other technical specifications.
- Information Architecture Institute - A global organization supporting individuals and organizations
specializing in Information Architecture.
- International Standards Organization (ISO) - A network of national standards institutes from countries around the world.
- Institute for Enterprise Architecture (IFEAD) - A research and information exchange
organization working on the future state of Enterprise
- Institute for Rule of Law, Identity, Stability & Culture (RISC) - Focused on International Standards for Business, Government and Society.
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) - Their
mission is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by
advancing measurement science, standards, and technology
- Object Management
Group (OMG) - An international, 'open' computer industry
consortium developing new management, enterprise integration, and technology standards.
- Open Group - Architecture & Standards - A
vendor and technology neutral consortium whose vision of Boundaryless Information Flow™ will enable access to
integrated information, within and among enterprises, based on open standards and global interoperability.
- OpenStandards.Net - A non-profit organization created to connect businesses and people to open
standards and the bodies that build and foster their growth in all industries.
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) - A non-profit consortium that drives the development,
convergence and adoption of open standards for the global information
Selected Articles, Books, & Papers on IT Architecture & Standards