Build a world starting from a small island in the sky. This Minetest mod is intended to be used as a minimal game that allows the player to craft and use all the default items in Minetest in a fun and challenging way.
* WARNING * this mod contains aliases that will disable all map generation in any world the mod is active!
Because of this, some things have to be different:
- death results in losing all your items
- falling below skyblock.WORLD_BOTTOM results in death
- flowing lava and water collide to make stone
- provides crafts to allow access to all items
- provides abms to control spawning and growing nodes
Dig (long left click) to respawn at a new location with new items.
Open (right click) to view current achievements.
There are 3 levels included. You can also make your own levels using the achievements api.
Complete the tasks to the right to receive great rewards! If you wasted the required items you can dig this node to restart.
1) grow a Tree
2) dig a Tree
3) craft and place a Chest
4) collect the Lave Source under your Spawn
5) build a Stone Generator and dig 20 Cobble
6) craft and place a Furnace
7) dig 4 Coal Lumps
8) extend your Island with 100 Dirt
9) dig 100 Stone with a Mese Pickaxe
10) create an Infinite Water Source
Wow, look at that view... of... nothing. You should get to work extending this island. Perhaps you could build some structures too?
1) extend your Island with 200 Dirt
2) build a structure using 200 Wood
3) build a structure using 200 Brick
4) add at least 200 Glass windows
5) make a desert with 200 Sand
6) also include 200 Desert Sand
7) build a tower with 200 Stone
8) make a path with 200 Cobblestone
9) also use 200 Mossy Cobblestone
10) decorate your area with 75 Steel Blocks
If you like this planet, then stray not from your mission traveller, for the end is near.
1) dig 20 Papyrus
2) place 20 Papyrus in a nice garden
3) dig 15 Cactus
4) place 15 Cactus in another gargen
5) place 30 fences around your gardens
6) add 20 ladders to your structures
7) decorate your house with 5 Bookshelves
8) place 10 Signs to help other travellers
9) place 50 Torches to help you see at night
10) dig 500 Stone for your next project...
Inside config.lua you can set skyblock.MODE to either water or lava to create an endless ocean around your starting island.
Each player is given a unique spawn position in an outwards spriral.
If skyblock.WORLD_WIDTH=5 then players will be assigned in the following positions:
Your world will be limited to skyblock.WORLD_WIDTH*skyblock.WORLD_WIDTH players.
Crafting Guide: SkyBlock for MineTest :: Crafting Guide
Development Links: Download Latest Zipball | Visit Forum Page | Browse Source Code | View Change Log
RealBadAngel - help in IRC to make the spiral