STUDENT BOARD MEMBERS:
- Executive Director Alejandro Lopez-Cruz: MD/PhD student, Year 3
- Director of Clinical Operations Krista Dubin: MD/PhD student, Year 4
- Director of Organizational Operations Carmen Stellar: MD student, Class of 2016
- Scheduling Coordinator Monica Jeong: MD student, Class of 2016
- Scheduling Coordinator Bella Vishnevsky: MD student, Class of 2017
Scheduler Nicholas Hernandez: MD student, Class of 2017
- Faculty Recruitment
Coordinator Sarah Littlehale: MD student, Class of 2017
- Advocacy & Education Coordinator Pedro Duran: MD student, Class of 2016
- Events Coordinator Claire Ryan: MD student, Class of 2017
- Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator Jacobo Cabrera-Ramirez:
MD student, Class of 2016
- Treasurer Joséphine Cool: MD student, Class of 2016
- Fundraising Coordinator Rachael Rosenthal: MD student, Class of 2017
- Public Relations Coordinator Sun Woo Kim: MD student, Class of 2017
- Research Coordinator Meg Fabiszak: MD/PhD student, Class of 2016
Coordinator Khatiya Chedlize: MD student, Class of 2017
- Continuing Care Coordinators Charlotte Roy: MD student, Class of 2016, Emily Grodinsky: MD student, Class of 2016
- Senior Student Adviser Ellie Emery: MD student, Class of 2014 [Former Executive Director]
- Senior Student Adviser Alex Tatum: MD Student, Class of 2014 [Former Director of Clinical Operations]
- Case Managers
- Margaux Genoff
- Wais Moradi
- Jean-Lionel Mésidor
- Joanne Ahola M.D. is board certified in psychiatry and on the voluntary faculties of the Weill Cornell Medical College and the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, and maintains a private practice in general and psychodynamic psychiatry. Dr. Ahola has been a member of the volunteer Asylum Network of Physicians for Human Rights since 2000, conducting psychological evaluations of asylum seekers. With PHR, Dr. Ahola has trained health professionals around the country in evaluating and documenting the psychological effects of torture and other forms of persecution. She has particular expertise in LGBT asylum, the one year filing deadline, and testifying in court asylum hearings.
- Nicole Sirotin, M.D. is a general internist and Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine at the Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Sirotin serves as a primary care doctor and resident supervisor at the Long Island City Community Health Center, a federally qualified health center,and is initiating new Vulnerable and Immigrant Populations Curriculum for the residency program. Dr. Sirotin has been conducting medical evaluations for asylum seekers since 2008. She has a particular interest in education and in teaching medical trainees about the health issues of survivors of torture and in women’s health issues of recently arrived immigrants. Dr. Sirotin serves as a volunteer for both Physicians for Human Rights Asylum Network and the HealthRight, International volunteer network.
- Terri Gallen Edersheim, M.D. is a Clinical Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal Fetal Medicine. She is an AOA graduate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and completed her residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at The New York Hospital. She then completed fellowship training in Maternal-Fetal Medicine before joining the faculty in 1986, where she has practiced both on the full time and voluntary faculties. She has participated in the evaluation of torture victims seeking asylum with HealthRight International and Physicians for Human Rights. Dr Edersheim has worked extensively with Victims of female genital cutting and sexual abuse, who are seeking asylum in the United States
- Linnea Capps M.D.
- John Docherty M.D
- Dominic Ferro, M.D.
- Rebecca Florsheim, M.D.
- Ruth Gerson, M.D.
- Laura Josephs, Ph.D.
- Thomas Kalman M.D.
- Carol Kessler, M.D.
- Carolyn Langelier, M.D.
- Debora Munczek, Ph.D
- Joseph F Murray III M.D.
- Amy Rubenstein, Ph.D
- Lynn Schackman, M.D.
- Ariel Shidlo Ph.D.
View Evaluator biographies
FACULTY ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS:
- Oliver Fein, M.D. - Assistant Dean & Professor of Clinical Public Health, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Carol Storey-Johnson, M.D. - Senior Associate Dean of Education, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Yoon Kang, M.D. - Associate Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell
Medical College & Richard P. Cohen, M.D. Associate Professor of
Medical Education, Weill Cornell Medical Center & Associate
Attending Physician - Medicine, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Holly Atkinson, M.D., M.S. - Adjunct Assistant Professor - Public
Health, Weill Cornell Medical College & Assistant Clinical Professor
of Medicine and Co-Director of the Advancing Idealism in Medicine
Program, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine & past president of Physicians
for Human Rights
PREVIOUS STUDENT BOARD MEMBERS:
- Aynsley Duncan, MD student, Class of 2015
- Eileen Koh, MD student, Class of 2015
- Luis Villegas, MD student, Class of 2015
- Lusha Liang, MD student, Class of 2015
- Taryn Clark, MD student, Class of 2014
- Jimmy Wang: MD student, Class of 2016
- Lauren Broderick: MD student, Class of 2015
- Elizabeth Stewart: MD student, Class of 2015
- Shelli Farhadian: MD-PhD student [Former Executive Director]
- Jonathan Moreno: MD-PhD student
- Angela Arbach: MD student, Class of 2014
- Pooja Gala: MD student, Class of 2013
- Cynthia Santos: MD student, Class of 2011