Ingredients: to make 9 flowers
*Remove the puff pastry from the freezer, and leave at room temperature for about 30 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake
1. Heat the oven to 400° F (205° C).
In a small bowl, whisk the egg with one tablespoon of water. Set aside.
2. Unfold one puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface, and cut into 9 squares, each with a side of about 3 inches (7.5 cm).
3. Place one square of puff pastry on a piece of parchment paper (just a little bigger than the pastry). It's more convenient to work with small individual piece of parchment paper when making the flowers.
4. Add one teaspoon of chocolate spread in the middle of the pastry.
5. Brush the edges with egg wash.
6. Bring the edges together, then the sides and make the pastry into a ball.
7. Flip the ball upside down and flatten slightly with your fingers.
8. Cut 8 petals out the pastry, turning each by 45 degrees - all in the same direction - so that the chocolate filling is showing.
9. Brush with more egg wash, and add a little bit of chopped hazelnuts in the middle of the flower. Push the hazelnuts down in the middle part of the pastry with your finger.
10. Bake at 400° F (205° C) for about 12 to 15 minutes, until golden on top.