Ingredients: to make 24-26 sandwiches cookies
Preparation time: about 45 minutes
1. Remove the butter from the fridge and leave at room temperature for about one hour, if you haven done so yet.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C). Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add the butter and the powdered sugar. Cream together until smooth and fluffy.
Add the eggs, the vanilla extract, orange juice and orange zest. And mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Scoop the batter into a piping bag (or ziplock with a hole at the corner) Pipe into 2 inch long (5 cm) strips and about 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide. Make sure to leave at least one inch in between cookies. I use parchment paper that already has 1 inch wide lines, so my job was super easy. If you don't have that paper, draw rows of lines 2 inch wide, 1 inch apart. Turn the paper over before placing it on a baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes,until slightly golden at the edges. Cool on a rack and prepare the chocolate.
5. Bring the cream to almost boiling point. Pour over the chocolate. Let sit for one minute and whisk until smooth, and the chocolate is fully melted.
Let the chocolate cool down for about 10 minutes. Spread the chocolate over the flat side of one cookie and cover with another cookie to make into a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
You can drizzle the top with any remaining chocolate. Leave the cookies on the cooling rack until the chocolate is set.
Store in an air-tight container.