2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup shortening
2 Tablespoons soft butter
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg with a wisk and set aside.
2. In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer combine shortening and butter. Add sugar, egg, sour cream, vanilla, and lemon zest and mix well.
3. Add dry mixture gradually to mixing bowl.
4. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes (or longer).
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Grease or line with parchment paper two cookie sheets.
7. Place colored sugar into shallow bowls.
8. Remove cookie dough from fridge and roll into walnut sized balls. Roll cookies in colored sugar and place on prepared cookie sheets.
9. Bake for 11-14 minutes, until cookie gently springs back when pressed with a finger.
10. Cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and remove to cooling rack.
Recipe happily shared by...