1 tsp baking powder. I actually forgot to include this ingredient but it still worked out. If I had remembered to include it, I imagine they would have come out a bit fluffier and risen a bit more as well. Without it though, I didn't' miss it. The the mix in to batter ratio, combined with my mini tins, made me feel like I was still getting a satisfying bite.
36 mini muffins @ 52 kcal each OR 12 full size muffins @156 kcal each
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In small mixing bowl, combine soy milk & lemon juice, mix well and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt & cinnamon. Mix in your chocolate chips and strawberries. (alternately, you could add the mix in's at the very last)
- In your small bowl, add apple sauce, egg & vanilla to the lemon milk.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just combined. It will look like a loose oatmeal.
- Pour out to papered or lightly greased muffin tins.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, toothpick entered in center will come out clean
- Cool in muffin pan for a few minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature