1/3 cup of olive oil
350 g of spinach
1/2 cup of parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
4 green onions, finely chopped
150-175 g of feta cheese, crumbled
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups of cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 400°C
- Steam spinach until wilted. Drain well and squeeze out excess water
- Mix spinach, herbs, scallions, and feta in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix olive oil, yogurt, and eggs. Add the cornmeal and mix.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to the batter and mix well
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan and add half the batter. Top with the
greens and feta and cover with the remaining batter. Do not worry if
there is some spinach that remains uncovered.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving - if you can!
Adapted from Vefa's Kitchen by Vefa Alexiadou
Published in 2009 by Phaidon Press Limited NY, USA
February 15, 2009