The Constellation, SIAAP and India Competence will organise an International Knowledge Fair in India in November 2012.
International Knowledge Fair will be held with 75-200 Constellation members. Participants will go home inspired and equipped with knowledge and experience to improve their local responses. The festival will be scheduled as a five-day long event with stalls and SALT visits to the communities.
For this package, we are looking for a team and a Single Point of Reference (SPR) that can carry out the following activities:
1) Develop a draft programme and budget
2) Develop an invitation and registration form
3) Send out the invitation widely
4) Support people to mobilize funds
5) Arrange logistics with the host
6) Find facilitation team and develop a draft facilitators’ agenda
7) Co-facilitate the event
8) Other great ideas that you have!
Draft concept Note
Celebration of SALT
International Knowledge Fair, India
20th-24th November 2012
Hosted by South India AIDS Action Programme (SIAAP), TamilNadu, India
Organised by The Constellation, Belgium - It stimulates and connects local responses around the world, using the Community Life Competence Process and India Competence.
Venue: India, Chennai
Dates: 20th-24th November 2012
Background: The Constellation registered in Belgium is an international organization which stimulates and connects local responses around the world, using the Community Life Competence Process. India Competence is a group of individuals and organizations based in different parts of India which facilitate community life competence process. South India AIDS Action Programme (Siaap) (www.siaapindia.org) an organization based in southern part of India working with different communities such as Female Sex workers, MSM, Transgender, PLHIV, Blind and rural youth. Siaap as the host organization of India Competence will host the Global Knowledge Fair. Celebrations for Siaap’s 20 years of its service will culminate with the Knowledge Fair.
The International Knowledge Fair will bring together organizations and individuals associated with Community life competence to share and learn from each other.
• To bring together Constellation Friends (coaches, facilitators and community members) from all over the world to connect for learning and inspiration.
• To exchange experiences in application and facilitation of the Community life competence approach, specifically on good practices that helped them progress to a next level towards their dream.
• To extract new knowledge coming from the various experiences. To provide a firsthand experience for individuals and organisations new to CLCP that enables to witness practice of SALT and CLCP.
• To demonstrate that CLCP is applicable in different contexts and settings.
Participants: About 150-200 participants including communities, facilitators and coaches of the Constellation coming from a wide variation of countries and few other key or interested people from government and agencies in India.
The festival will be scheduled as a five-day long event with stalls and SALT visits to the communities. Over these days communities, organisations, facilitators and coaches will meet and exchange experiences.
Prior to the event, participants will be encouraged to come in with the results of their self-assessment which will provide vital evidence to expand shared practitioner knowledge.
Dream for Knowledge Fair
In the Knowledge Fair participants will share knowledge and experience they have acquired through Community life competence. The exchange would be at two levels one on best practices in the approach and secondly on facilitation of the approach. Knowledge Fair will also aim to accumulate experiences gained through application of the approach in issues beyond HIV such as Diabetes competence, Malaria competence, and Gender competence and so on. Translators will be arranged within the group to ensure meaningful exchange.
Hosting of the event in India will not only inspire the participants but it will also give an impetus to the process in India. It will help to bring CLCP into public realm by providing a firsthand experience of the approach. It will also forge country level as well as regional exchange and partnerships. A global Knowledge Fair has been a dream for the Constellation members for a long time and Constellation will make an endeavour to support them to source funds for participation.
• Participants will go home equipped with knowledge and experience to improve their local responses.
• The Knowledge Fair will provide an opportunity to acknowledge contribution of different people in the process so far.
• Ongoing linkages, sharing and learning will be established.
• New ways forward to stimulate and nurture CLCP will be identified
It is important that this festival does not end with the celebrations, but rather that this is seen more so as a launch of new partnerships and relationships. A post-event online discussion will foster sharing and learning across communities and organisations and stimulate more action and response from communities.
Estimated time input: 25 days before November 2012.