Welcome to the Christian Contemplation Curriculum website, a joint project of the New Zealand Presbyterian and Anglican Schools’ Offices
This web-site offers the following:
- An overview of the history and range of contemplative practices across Christian traditions,
- A theology underlying contemplative practice,
- An exploration of the similarities and differences between secular mindfulness practice and Christian contemplative practices,
- Some examples of current Christian contemplative practice in schools and ways of building these practices into the daily rhythms of the classroom and/or school,
- Resources for a thematic approach across educational levels.
- Topic themed units
- Chapel resources
We hope you find this web-site a valuable resource in your school or faith community.
We recommend using the Sitemap to get a sense of what is offered on this web-site (click the + boxes to expand the menu)
We welcome any feedback you might have along with any resources you would be happy to share with others.