TI Graphing Calculators Proposal
TI 84 Plus Silver Edition
Sample Classroom Setting
Purpose: Train students in the capabilities of this tool to improve their testing scores
1. Train the teachers under professional development with a Texas Instrument consultant
2. Teach the students the full capabilities of their calculators and possibly create an elective to reach that goal
Teacher: (Professional development) the majority of the training is free from a Texas Instrument consultant. There should be training for all the teachers who will use the calculators and the navigator system. The technology chair-person should have move extensive training for trouble shooting purposes.
After the purchase of the navigation system, there are free on-line courses available to support the teacher maintain and/or enhance their working knowledge of the product.
See REFERENCE: A
a. General use
b. Overhead calculator
2. Mathematical /Scientific
a. Storing data
b. Graphing data
3. Classroom navigator
a. Differentiate student assignments
b. Download different learning activities
4. Technology Chairperson – trouble shooting
1. Classroom- receive discrete differentiated instruction to understand that calculators can do more than basic arithmetic functions and play games
2. Home-receive personal calculator they can keep.
What items are needed?
For each teacher
1. Overhead calculator
2. Classroom set of (TI 84 Silver edition or later) calculators (32)
6. Navigator system
Submitted to RET Coordinator
Potential Trainers: Texas Instrument