Curriculum for Delaware
Middle School Mathematics GLE's
- Numeric Reasoning
- Content Standards: Understand Number and Operations by solving problems with a need to represent and model real numbers
- Enduring Understandings
i. Numbers can be represented in multiple ways
ii. Knowing the reasonableness of an answer comes from using good number sense and estimation strategies
- Algebraic Reasoning
- Content Standards: Understand patters by solving problems by recognizing patterns.
- Enduring Understanding: Numbers or objects that repeat in predictable ways can be described or generalized.
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Content Standards: Understand data analyze by solving problems from collecting and interpreting their data.
- Enduring Understanding: The question to be answered determines that data to be collected and how best to collect it.