The Conduct of Research Committee was selected as a 2014 Blue Ribbon Committee in an announcement by the Transportation Research Board Technical Activities Council. Our committee was selected based on the strengths of our contributions to the overall transportation community.
The TRB Technical Activities Council (TAC) Blue Ribbon Committees Program recognizes exemplary best practice standing committee activities and the volunteer efforts associated with those activities. The Blue Ribbon Committees serve as role models, with committee Chairs and members sharing their experiences with others.
Special thanks to Sue Sillick and especially Daniel Yeh for preparing our nomination!
The recognitions of TAC 2014 TAC Blue Ribbon Committees include the following:
· Presentation of certificate to the committee Chair at Deen Lecture & Awards Session at 2014 TRB Annual Meeting
· Name badge ribbons for committee members at 2014 Annual Meeting
· Recognition in TRB Chairman’s Luncheon program and reserved seating for Blue Ribbon Committee Chairs
· Recognition in TRB Annual Meeting issue of TR News
· Use of 2014 TAC Blue Ribbon Committee logo by Committee on their website and materials
· Possible request(s) for Blue Ribbon Committees to help mentor other committees