This page will provide new activities, new description, and associated MET values since the 2011 Compendium of Physical Activities was published.
New Compendium codes will be added during a future update and are listed as To Be Determined (TBD).
Additions in an activity description are presented in italics.
1. Otto RM, Maniguet E, Peters A, Boutagy N, Gabbard A, Wygand JW, Yoke M. The Energy Cost of Zumba Exercise. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 2011;43(5):S480.
2. Hulsey CR, Soto DT, Koch AJ, Mayhew JL. Comparison of Kettlebell Swings and Treadmill Running at Equivalent Rating of Perceived Exertion Values. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2012;26(5):1203–1207.
3. Farrar RE, Mayhew JL, Koch AJ. Oxygen Cost of Kettlebell Swings. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2010;24(4):1034-1036.
4. Gregory DA, Pfeiffer KA, Vickers KE, Aubrey AJ, Flynn JI, Connolly CP, Coe DP. Physiologic responses to running with a jogging stroller. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 2012;33(9): 711-715.
5. Kijima, A., Arimoto, M., & Muramatsu, S. (2007). Metabolic Equivalents during Scooter Exercise. Journal of physiological anthropology, 26(4), 495-499.
Activity Categories >