Creamy Carrot Soup
- 1 pound carrots—washed and peeled
- ½ medium yellow onion—diced
- 2 cloves garlic—minced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ – 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon agave
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon green chile powder (or cayenne)
- Big bunch (~3-5 tablespoons) fresh parsley
- Vegan sour cream (garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roughly chop washed and peeled carrots. Add to baking dish with drizzle of olive oil (~ 2 tablespoons) and sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast ~25-35 minutes until carrots are soft. Set aside.
- Add chopped onion to medium stock pot with ~1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Saute over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. After ~ 10 minutes, add garlic. Saute ~5-7 minutes until garlic is soft (you do not want color on either the garlic or the onion). Add a dash of salt and pepper, along with the ginger powder and dried thyme. Stir. Turn heat off.
- Add roasted carrots, onion/garlic mixture, broth, milk, wine, orange juice, agave, and vanilla extract to blender. Blend until smooth. Add additional milk/broth until the soup is your desired texture. Add soup back to stock pot and heat over medium low for ~10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Make herbed oil by blending olive oil, chile powder, and parsley until completely mixed. Serve soup warm with drizzle of oil and dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!