BRIEF HISTORY


 Upgraded Department Of Community Medicine
( till 1996)

Brief History of Department

 

       The discipline of Social and Preventive Medicine started, as part time subject, functioning in State Health   Institute (SHI) as “State Medicine” in 1915.

 

        In 1958 the full time Department of Social and Preventive Medicine was  started .

 

       In recognition of the excellent work of the department, the government of India upgraded the department in 1972.

 

       It is great honor to note that Prof. B. G. Prasad the first full time head of the department has earned recognition and respect for the department not only in this state, but in the country and abroad.