GANXiS is a fast algorithm capable of detecting both disjoint
communities in social networks (undirected/directed and unweighted/weighted
). GANXiS is a general speaker-listener based information propagation process, which spreads a label at a time between nodes according to interaction rules. One advantage of GANXiS is that it does not require any knowledge about the number of community. The worst-case time complexity is O(m)
. It is shown that the algorithm produces meaningful results on real-world social and gene networks
GANXiSw v3.0.2 (download).
- Changes and new features:
- One single program for undirected/directed, unweighted/weighted
- Allow to read node names or ids of any type, numeric or text string.
- Parameter -Sym to ensure bi-directional edges (or undirected edges).
- Parameter -seed allows to reproduce results.
- Parameter -W allows to treat a weighted network as a unweighted network at runtime.
- Parameter -loopfactor allows to control the running time when decomposing large communities
- GANXiS v1.3 (C++, only for undirected and unweighted networks, tested on networks up to 4 million nodes)
- Parallel version is on the way........
Should you have any questions, feel free to send emails to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fast Community Detection in Social Networks.
- C.Gaiteri,M. Chen,B. Szymanski,K. Kuzmin, J. Xie, etc, "Identifying robust communities and multi-community nodes by combining topdown and bottom-up approaches to clustering", Scientific Reports 5, 2015.
- J. Xie, B. K. Szymanski, "LabelRankT: Incremental Community Detection in Dynamic Networks via Label Propagation", DyNetMM, New York, 2013.
- J. Xie, B. K. Szymanski, "LabelRank: A Stabilized Label Propagation Algorithm for Community Detection in Networks", IEEE NSW, West point, NY, 2013. (arxiv,BibTex, on Media (French, English).
- J. Xie, S. Kelley and B. K. Szymanski, "Overlapping Community Detection in Networks:
the State of the Art and Comparative Study", ACM Computing Surveys, 2013. (Impact factor 7.8,arxiv,BibTex)
- J. Xie and B. Szymanski, "Towards Linear Time Overlapping Community Detection in Social Networks", PAKDD 2012. (arxiv,BibTex, software )
- J. Xie, B. K. Szymanski and X. Liu, "SLPA: Uncovering Overlapping Communities in Social Networks via A Speaker-listener Interaction Dynamic Process", IEEE ICDM workshop on DMCCI 2011, Vancouver, CA. (arxiv,BibTex,software)
- J. Xie, B. K. Szymanski, "Community Detection Using A Neighborhood Strength Driven Label Propagation Algorithm", IEEE NSW 2011, West point, NY. (arxiv,BibTex)