The Bow-Horne-Bay Community Club is committed to helping our community.
We award two scholarships of $750 to high school students from the Bow-Horne-Bay community annually.
Eligibility as follows:
Must have a record of volunteer work within the community and full-time undergraduate study at an accredited post-secondary institution.
Applicants must show evidence of:
1. Good academic achievement
2. Outstanding involvement in school and community activities, especially in the way of volunteer work within the community
3. Preference will be given to students living in the Bow-Horne-Bay area, but this may be waived at the discretion of the
Kwalikum Secondary School Scholarship Committee.
Every applicant must include:
1. A fully completed and signed Kwalikum Secondary School Scholarship application form.
2. A letter outlining their academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, community activities, educational and career plans, and any other information explaining why they feel they are a qualified candidate for this scholarship.
3. A scholarship resume outlining their achievements and activities throughout grades 11 & 12.
Addressed to: KSS Scholarship Committee
– the application form is available in the KSS Counselling Centre as of March 1
The recipient will be selected by the Kwalikum Secondary School Scholarship Committee.
Upon registration at a post-secondary institution, the recipient will be required to provide proof of registration to the Bow-Horne-Bay Club and funds will be transferred to the post-secondary institution in the recipient’s name.
They have two years to claim the funds upon graduation.
2016 Winner were: Sydney Holland
2014 Winners were: Bo Chung and Brayden Osborn
2013 Winners were: Willem Kuun and Tiana Michaels
2008 Winners were: Cheryl Andersen and Josh Ewing (Colp)
Lighthouse Community Centre in the Heart of Qualicum Bay www.communityclub.ca